Skip to main content
bbgurl312

New Commentator

• 

1 Message

Thu, Feb 8, 2018 7:00 PM

apple watch series 3 GPS and Cellular

Hi I wanna know, does starhub supports the new apple watch series 3 GPS and cellular? If not, do they have plan to join one of the service provider?

Responses

hclee01

Senior Contributor

• 

13 Messages

2 years ago

Yes, you can buy the Apple Watch with Cellular and use it via Bluetooth. It will function exactly like the Apple Watch 2. When Starhub launches the service, you can then sign up to use the Cellular Service.

However, the only problem is wondering when Starhub will launch the service. I have bought the watch since launch early this year and there is no indicator. I just received a letter from Starhub that my mobile phone is completing the 24-month service and I can recontract. Most likely I will hop over to SingTel mobile so that I can use the celluar service on the Apple Watch.

Priya_R

Alumni (Retired)

• 

1.3K Messages

2 years ago

Hi hclee01

We've yet to receive any updates on the launch as well. I hope you can hang in there and stay tuned for more updates. 

hclee01

Senior Contributor

• 

13 Messages

2 years ago

I believe it is not unreasonable for us to wait given that time is needed to sort out the implementation. But at the bare minimum, there should be a timeline given to the customers. I can't go on waiting for ages without any clue or expectations of when and what to expect. In time to come, Apple Watch 4 will be launching.

dushan

Esteemed Commentator

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I also think that the Watch 4 will be launched before Starhub sorts out the implementation for the Watch 3 and that is quite embarrassing for Starhub. 

I’ve given up from buying the Watch 3 at this time and will wait for 4 and switch to Singtel in the meantime because the level of service Starhub provides is substandard and coupled with vague  communication to the customers. 
Adrian13

Trusted Commentator

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Hi Starhub,

it has been more than 6 months since the Apple Watch 3 Cellular was launched.

At first I suspected it might have been an exclusitivity thing for Singtel but given how long it has been, the problem seems internal. 

Once and for all, could we ask you to just reclarify your position on whether this service will ever be offered? If not, just let us know and we will move accordingly.

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I already gave up waiting and ported to Singtel...
hclee01

Senior Contributor

• 

13 Messages

2 years ago

I am probably moving on. My contract with StarHub is ending in one month time. Moving over to Singtel so that my Apple Watch can utilise the cellular data service.
Adrian13

Trusted Commentator

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Ok Starhub, if you really have no info to respond with, how about just giving me a waiver of my early termination fee so that I can move to Singtel? 

Seriously, it is incredibly misleading and irresponsible to come out in Feb and announce to the press that you will be supporting the cellular function and then just keep quiet about it.

Adrian13

Trusted Commentator

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Hi Priya,

what is the point of sending me a private message when I cannot reply directly to you. 

In response to the private message that you sent to me, which basically was that you did not want to over promise until there was a public announcement on the availability:

But the issue is that Starhub did announce publicly back in Feb.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/starhub-looking-to-also-offer-cellular-enabled-apple-watch-but-9954344

I have honestly waited 7 months now and it’s unacceptable that I was misled to this extent. Will Starhub please consider letting me terminate my contract so that I can get Cellular on my Apple Watch. I did pay extra for this function on my Watch and am super pissed that I cannot use it. 

Priya_R

Alumni (Retired)

• 

1.3K Messages

2 years ago

Apologies for sending the details via Private Message by overlooking on it. The link also advised that we would announce the details closer to launch date once we're ready. If you're still with a contract, terminating the contract before the end date will result in Early Termination Charges. 

Adrian13

Trusted Commentator

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Hi Priya,

the article was from Feb 2018. Do you think a 7 month gap for a “coming soon” is reasonable? 

Once again, singtel had the service on day 1. Just admit it if you are never going to provide it or tell us when. 

Adrian13

Trusted Commentator

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Hi Priya,

on a private message, you replied that you were going to reach out to the relevant team. 

And... you will come back with their response/ update within xx days?

Adrian13

Trusted Commentator

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Hi Amy,

Responding to your private message since I could not reply to you either.

dont think you got the gist of the thread. 

We are upset that Starhub claimed to be offering the eSim / cellular service to complement the apple Watch 3 back in Feb.

It has been 7 months.

hclee01

Senior Contributor

• 

13 Messages

2 years ago

Hi

I have been receiving SMS and letters informing me that my CIS mobile line is due for recontract and I can get discount off when I recontract. 

I would like to check if there are any foreseeable plans for Starhub to offer eSIM service for Apple Watch and the upcoming iPhone XS, so that I can plan accordingly whether to stay with Starhub or with any teleco which offers this service that meets my needs.

Thanks!

dushan

Esteemed Commentator

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Hi,

I’ve just made a request to port my number to Singtel. 

Since my contract is ending in April 2019 I’ll have to pay an early termination charge to Starhub. 

I wanted to ask here is it possible to have the early termination changes waved off based on the fact that StarHub is unable to provide a service I need (support for Apple Watch Cellular) and which is publicly announced at the beginning of this year?

thank you 

Get Started

Get Started