R

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

Tue, Feb 9, 2021 3:36 AM

Unable to view local channels after switching to StarHub TV+

Hi there,

I had just switched to StarHub TV+ last evening and could still watch the local channels such as Channel 5 and Vasantham Central. However, this morning I was unable to access these channels. Could you please help to resolve this? My router is a Linksys EA 7500 V2.

Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Carla_P

• 

5.4K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

8 m ago

Hi @Reese, warmest welcome to GreenR Community! Since you've mentioned you're using a Linksys router model EA7500v2 with a StarHub Broadband connection you should be able to access free-to-air channels. Please try to reboot your set-top box to see if the issue persists. 

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

8 m ago

Hi Carla,

I followed your instructions by switching off the power and switching it back on a minute later and now I can view the local channels. Thank you for your assistance!

Does this issue occur frequently and should I follow these steps in future?

Carla_P

• 

5.4K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

This issue doesn't happen frequently. I highly suggest that when you encounter an issue with your StarHub TV+ service that you reboot your set-top box, and if the issue persists then contact our Customer Support. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

7 m ago

Hi Carla 

i switched to starhub tv+ on sun 21 march. After relogging in I am able to view the entertainment channel. However I am not able to access local channel eg ch 5, cna etc. Call starhub at about 10-ish pm and the techician asked me to reboot. However the problem still persists. She said she will escalate the matter and get back to me within the day. Unfortunately I have not heard from starhub. Noted from thread this is known issue. My router is linksys router model  EA8100 and with starhub home broadband connection. Please could you help to resolve this asap.

Thank you

Chow Yee Kwan

Carla_P

• 

5.4K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

Hi @Yee Kwan, I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to access the local channels. Please try to do a factory reset on your router to see if the issue persists. 

~ Carla

Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

Hi Carla

please provide steps by steps guide of how to do factory reset

Carla_P

• 

5.4K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

Just press and hold the Reset button on the back panel of the Linksys EA8100 for about 10 seconds. Once you reset the Linksys EA8100, you will need to set up your router again. To know how to set up the Linksys EA8100, click here.

~ Carla

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

Thank you Carla.

Somehow Starhub is able to do something at their backend and miraculously the local channels appear on my screen yesterday afternoon without me having to do the reset.  I can still access to the local channels this morning.

Cheers

Yee Kwan

Carla_P

• 

5.4K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

That's good to hear. If you encounter any problems just reach out to us. Thanks. 

~ Carla

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

6 m ago

Hi there,

I am still having frequent problems with viewing the channels after switching to StarHub Tv+. Most of the times I reboot my set-top box and it works. Once I had to reset my modem. And now I am facing the same issue again. I am unable to view any of the channels despite rebooting the set-top box multiple times.

This is extremely frustrating. Rebooting and resetting cannot be the go-to solution all the time!

Carla_P

• 

5.4K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

Hi @Reese, I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your TV+ service. Unfortunately, I'm unable to help you with your concern here. May I trouble you to please send a message to our Customer Support via Facebook Messenger by clicking the link below so they could escalate this to the relevant team. Thanks. 

~ Carla

Get Started

Get Started