K

7 Messages

• 

7 Points

Tue, Nov 24, 2020 2:50 PM

Subtitles to turn on by default

Is it possible to turn on subtitles by default?

I keep have to turn on subtitles when I switch channels.

Or is there an easier way to turn on subtitles, like a single click of the remote button? 

Accepted Solution

7 Messages

• 

7 Points

10 m ago

Final found a way to enable default setting for subtitles. 

Home > My Account > Preference > Preferred subtitle.

From there can select your default subtitle language. 

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

1 y ago

Hi @kennethteng, warmest welcome to GreenR Community. You can toggle multi-language audio or subtitles by following these steps below:

Step 1: Press OK and select the “Audio & Subtitles” option.

Step 2: Select the available Audio track and/or Subtitle track.

Please note that multi-language audio and subtitles are available for selected programmes only.

7 Messages

• 

7 Points

10 m ago

Hi Carla,

Thanks for the respond. I know how to toggle multi-language subtitles and I'm well aware that subtitles are available on selected programmes.

As I'm from a user of the previous Starhub TV Box, it automatically show subtitles when I switch programmes that have subtitles. Now it's a hassle as I need to activate subtitles when I switch propgrammes.

It's even more troublesome for old folks at home when a newer better TV Box (TV+Box) is giving them more hassle when using it.

Is there a way to permanently turn on subtitles?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Kenneth

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

The subtitles depend on the content that's why you need to always choose to turn on the subtitles. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

Hi Carla,

How do you choose to turn on the subtitles?

When I change programs, the word "Subtitles" appear on top right hand corner for only about 5 seconds maximum.

An immediate reply would be helpful.

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

Hi @Mrs Low, you may follow @kennethteng's comment here on the thread. 

~ Carla

Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

Hi Carla,

You ask me to follow @kennethteng comment.  

How about YOU tell me how to permanently turn on subtitles instead of only when the sign "subtitles" appear on the screen.

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

To enable default setting for subtitles. Please go to Home > My Account > Preference > Preferred subtitle. From there can select your default subtitle language. 

~ Carla

Get Started

Get Started