Ganezzy's profile

Esteemed Commentator

• 

8 Messages

• 

2 Points

Mon, Jan 18, 2021 4:52 AM

Starhub TV plus free to air channel

Hi , I had just subscribe to Starhub TV plus... Realised for the threads that free to air channel is only for nokia router ... I have a 1gbs plan but a different router .. can advice what I need to do to watch free to air channel ?? Thanks 

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.3K Points

9 m ago

Hi @Ganezzy, you may access free-to-air channels with a Linksys router model, EA7500v2 or EA8100 along with your StarHub broadband service. 

Esteemed Commentator

• 

8 Messages

• 

2 Points

Thanks Carla, I have the D-Link DIR-868L.....so it can not work ?? What can I do ?? Thanks 

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.3K Points

We highly advise that you use the Nokia Beacon 1 or the Linksys router model, EA7500v2 or EA8100 to enjoy free-to-air channels. Moreover, we are happy to say that we are working to expand the list of compatible routers progressively over time.

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

18 Messages

• 

18 Points

Hi,

We just installed the 2Gbps,home hub and switched to Tv plus boxes.

We are using Nokia Beacon 1 and Linksys EA- 8100. 

We have the port 1, from ONT, connected to Linksys and a TV in the Living Room

and Port 3,from ONT, connected to Nokia Beacon in the Master bedroom with TV.

The linksys is in the living room and with its 4 LAN ports serve well with connecting to the TV box and a mesh wifi for but the TV cannot receive free to air channels!! Having a MeWatch app is not a solution as news cannot be watched in real time!!..mostly the news is recorded and shown in the app the next day!.. I am sure most people would want news on the same day.

The Master Bedroom connection from port 3 of ONTto a Nokia Router, can receive free to air channel.

Why is Linksys router EA-8100, which is touted as compatible for free to air cannot receive them...and I think the technician actually updated the firm ware etc,so perhaps it's not a firmware issue on Linksys.

Could it be some TV boxes work with free to air and others don't?. I am also afraid trying to fix this may affect the broad band Internet being used for work! 

18 Messages

• 

18 Points

@Carla_P 

Hi, we subscribed for a 2Gbps via recontract, a few days ago and installation has been done with existing Linksys EA 8100 connected to Port one of ONT. But free to air channels cannot be received in the living room TV. So even though its the recommended Linksys EA8100 it's not showing free to air channels.

The port 3 of ONT is connected to the bed room and a Nokia beacon 1 is used to connect to the TV Plus box and free to air channels can be seen there.!!

Any recommendations or technical ideas would be appreciated. Tks.

191 Messages

• 

189 Points

@user_afa164 Have you tried factory resetting your linksys router?

Get Started

Get Started