U

1 Message

• 

1 Point

Thu, Aug 12, 2021 7:12 AM

Starhub TV+ cannot view local TV channels

Just like many other user, I can't watch local TV channels (e.g. Channel 5, Channel 8) out of the sudden. There is also no green 'watch now' button on the channel preview page. I tried those methods suggested on the community page - switching off and on the devices, log out and log in to the Starhub TV account - but it still doesn't resolve the issue. 

I am using a EA1800 router and the set-up box status is on off-net mode. 

Could you please assist me with resolving this issue? Thank you. 

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

2 m ago

Hi @user_1884d4, sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Is your StarHub TV+ Box connected to your Linksys router via an ethernet cable? Also, please ensure that there are no multiple routers between the ONT and StarHub TV+ Box and the HDMI cable being used is StarHub-issued. 

Lastly, have you tried to do a factory reset of your StarHub TV+ Box? This will reset of set-top box to Factory Default Settings which will erase all data from your device’s internal storage, including your Google account, system and app data and settings and downloaded apps. To do so, simply go to Android TV Settings > Device Preferences > About > Factory reset.

New Commentator

• 

5 Messages

• 

4 Points

2 m ago

I have the same problem. Am using the same Linksys router as starhub mentioned that’s needed for local channels. However it works for very brief periods and then the stb goes off-net.

also the quality of the channels on the android box is significantly lower than the previous starhub stb and there are frequent stuttering, pixelation. 

I don’t have any issues with my direct Netflix and Disney+ accounts ( which I’m using over wifi) 

Senior Consultant

• 

110 Messages

• 

2 Points

2 m ago

Temp solution you can download MeWatch from playstore, it should help as I am doing it too =)

191 Messages

• 

189 Points

2 m ago

Our tv+ box suddenly went off-net yesterday, but doing a hardware reset by pressing the reset button on our linksys EA8100 router resolved it.

New Commentator

• 

5 Messages

• 

4 Points

@Xillvion thanks. I’d prefer not losing all my settings on the Linksys router. Hoping starhub has a fix which is restricted to starhub tv+ box

Get Started

Get Started