Y

7 Messages

• 

7 Points

Mon, May 3, 2021 2:18 PM

Starhub TV+ cannot access local channels

Today I received Starhub TV+ and installed.

I'm using Ethernet connection between the box and router EA8100.

But I could not watch local channels such as CNA.

So, I read some articles and tried reset of the router after rebooting each equipment.

But I have still cannot watch the local channels... There is no "Watch now" button on each channel info.

Does anyone have other procedure to solve this issue?

Responses

123 Messages

• 

121 Points

1 m ago

Is your router firmware on the latest version? Current latest version is 1.0.3.204298

7 Messages

• 

7 Points

Hi Xillvion,

Yes, it is the latest version.

123 Messages

• 

121 Points

Is there any error message when watching on other channels? (Non-local ones)

7 Messages

• 

7 Points

So far, no error codes appeared.

123 Messages

• 

121 Points

Okay, is your setup like the one that @Carla_P posted the picture?

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

1 m ago

Hi @YRT, I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues accessing free-to-air channels. Please ensure that you have this setup and there are no multiple routers between the ONT and the StarHub TV+ Box. Also, are you using the HDMI cable that was StarHub-issued?

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

7 Messages

• 

7 Points

I’m using EA8100 but connection is same as you mentioned.

All connection cables including HDMI and LAN are supplied one by StarHub.

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Please check if your set-top box is on net or off net. Just go to My Account (top right of the screen) > My Account > STB information.

~ Carla

Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.

7 Messages

• 

7 Points

STB mode says Off Net.

123 Messages

• 

121 Points

Can you try renewing the ipv6 address?

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Please turn off all equipment, then turn on the equipment 3 minutes apart in the exact order below.

• 1st equipment to be turned on: ONT, wait for 3 minutes
  • 2nd equipment to be turned on: Linksys Router, wait for 3 minutes
  • 3rd equipment to be turned on: TV+ Box
  • 4th equipment to be turned on: TV

If the issue persists after rebooting, please do a factory reset on your StarHub TV+ Box. Just go to Android TV Settings > Device Preferences > About > Factory reset. 

~ Carla

1 Message

• 

1 Point

1 m ago

I recently (March 2021) recontracted my StarHub broadband and TV account and had to upgrade to the TV+ box. BAD DECISION!! Turns out after many calls and checking with starhub that I can’t watch any free to air channels and neither any Mio stadium football. Had to give up my subscription to watching foootball as a result. Turns out that the TV+ box needs the Linksys router (which by the way they only supply for new subscriptions i am told) to be able to view free to air and mio stadium channels. I’ve spent a lot of money on an entire house wifi router set up previously, which worked perfectly well with the old StarHub tv box on these channels, only to now find out that the new TV+ box is only compatible with their StarHub own supplied routers for some channels. In this day and age of technology, where have you seen that the viewing of digitally broadcast TV channels have to be dependent on a specific type of router! It really borders on the ridiculous. My so called forced upgrade turned out to be an actual downgrade. I’ve seen many others commenting suffering the same fate to no avail of any technological fix by starhub to date. Worse is the same channels also don’t work on the starhub GO offering. Not clear if this is also router dependent, but if it is, how ridiculous is that to make a mobile device router dependent. There is no way to control wifi connections on the go will be through starhub only compatible routers. I kindly urge StarHub to please resolve this matter for their wider community and subscriber base. I would caution potential new subscribers to starhub tv+ to be very careful, and existing subscribers, do not upgrade/recontract without clarifying what you will lose on channel availability.

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Apologies if you feel that way, @user_e3cddf. Currently, a StarHub Broadband and a StarHub Smart WiFi router or a Linksys router model, EA7500v2 or EA8100 is needed to enjoy Free-to-air channels. Moreover, we are working to expand the list of compatible routers progressively over time. More information will be shared once available. 

~ Carla

Get Started

Get Started