W

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

Wed, Apr 7, 2021 3:26 PM

StarHub Tv + box

Can’t watch local air free channel after change from the black StarHub tv box to StarHub TV+.

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

7 m ago

It seemed that can’t watch local air channels 5;8; CNA...etc on upgrade TV box with StarHub TV+ box. Sound like we been cheated to make the changes. 

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.3K Points

Hi @Wacklai, please be informed that in order to enjoy free-to-air channels, you will need StarHub Broadband and a StarHub Smart WiFi router or StarHub Broadband with a Linksys router model, EA7500v2 or EA8100.

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

191 Messages

• 

189 Points

7 m ago

What internet router are you using? Because it might be preventing you from watching free to air channels.

(edited)

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

Oh am using the Linksys EA8100, BTW able to watch the free air local channels, 10 hrs after waited for 10 hrs.

18 Messages

• 

18 Points

4 m ago

I am subscribed to Linksys EA8100.Technician setup 5 days ago. A day ago all audio dropped. Which was solved by unplugging all cables to the StarhubTVbox and waiting for about 20mins.Today the screen would show an error message N2009 "error has occurred,pls restart application". Than just an endless green loop in the centre.Again unplugged all cables and waited about 20mins to reconnect and the screen was o.k and can watch TV pass channels but when local free to channels are chosen the "Exit to Live TV" appears but that is chosen, nothing happens.Only a black screen even after 15 mins. By that time the programme we wanted to watch was over. One problem after another and its difficult for the elderly as they could not do all these resetting routines by themselves. And as the broadband is important for work from home so resetting anything more than the TV box is a no-no. It's only 5 days since the new setup replacing the older starhub Black boxes..

(edited)

191 Messages

• 

189 Points

@user_afa164 When that happens again, can you go to the google play store and check for updates or open an app other than netflix, I have this problem as well and it's because of the android tv operating system not connecting properly. You can try power on the ONT and the router first, but don't turn on the tv+ box until both of fully done.

Also, don't think there's a need to wait 20 minutes, just unplug and replug the ethernet cable.

(edited)

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.3K Points

hi @user_afa164, sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Please try to go to my account (top right of the screen) > My Account > STB information. Under Device, check the launcher version if the last 4 digits of the version are "4390" if not please reboot the TV+ box to have the launcher version updated. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

18 Messages

• 

18 Points

@Carla_P 

Hi, greetings. Thanks.

I checked the "MyAcct"- STB Info-check launcher version.. It shows:

"The Launcher version :5.0.17-innopia(4390)"

So it's already 4390.

Manage Subscription tab shows 2 rows: 1.Entertainment and 2: a +Pass...

Should this also show an indication for "Free to Air classification"??.maybe?

Also network type:Ethernet; Network status:connected; mac address...OK,; IP address o.k; gateway..zeros; Blue tooth address,usual; iPv6 address:usual

Service Staus>STB Mode= offnet; STB UPTIME 1:38:49, PACKET DROP: n/a. Jitter Buffer:200; latency:0.

I tried even connecting the Linksys to another parallel-wall-wire to the ONT port just to check.

Rebooted ONT, router and TV box in sequence and time lag so that each has enough time to boot up...all tried..the screen comes up to :EXIT TO LIVE TV"...but after that nothing. No free to channels but Other channels are o.k

(edited)

18 Messages

• 

18 Points

@Carla_P .

Update on NOT receiving Free to Air channels on 2Gbp acct.

Carla, I have tested 2 similar setups with similar router, connections etc to a TV box I.e to both the ONT ports, 1 and 3,routed to 2 TV sets in the living room and bed room respectively, in similar setups, interchanging only the TVplus units but with same router connections etc. So the TVunits, that showed local channels, interchanged with one which didn't show free channels; proved that both TVunits work exactly the same..no problems with the sets, BUT only when connected to ONT port 1, the TV units  show free to air.!!

Yes. So I have confirmed the problem is not the TV Box or LinksysEA8100 router set up etc BUT that the Port 3 of ONT DOES NOT SHOW FREE TO AIR!!!

This needs to have some form of technical attention/ tweaking by Starhub / or at Server level settings to be able to show Free to air.

Why are both ports not opened up in 2Gbps in similar manner to have the same access? Pls advise.

I have spent 5 days from setup day, by Tech to find this...

(edited)

18 Messages

• 

18 Points

@Carla_P 

To Carla,

Re: free to air on 2Gbps , 2 ports Broadband; 2 lines: one connected to Living Room and another to Master Bed Room.

As updated above,  I have confirmed that ONT port 1 can show free to air but NOT Port 3. (All other attachments like Router Linksys EA8100 router etc being the same ..)

(On 2Gbps subscription:port 1 and Port 3 active). By testing only one change at a time i managed to find the cause of the problem is Port 3. Please advise how to make Port 3 of ONT be able to show Free to Air channels?. Tks

18 Messages

• 

18 Points

4 m ago

Free to Air channels can  only be streamed from Port one of ONT..Port 3 (we are on 2Gbps subscription)..cannot receive.

How to rectify this pls?

191 Messages

• 

189 Points

@user_afa164 You're still having this problem? Port 3 is only for broadband internet, it is not used for tv services, so that you have a much stable internet connection to use while working at home.

Get Started

Get Started