DS22's profile

Senior Commentator

• 

8 Messages

• 

5 Points

Mon, Mar 1, 2021 10:26 AM

Starhub is pushing its Fibre TV customers to migrate to TV+?

Recently Starhub pulled a number of channels from its Fibre TV packs:

1.  Cricket from Sports Pack to Hotstar

2.  Soon all Fox entertainment/movie channels will be migrated to TV+ (with effect from 8 Mar).

This seems to be a not-so-subtle move by Starhub to force its customers to TV+, without offering any compensation or alternative new channels as replacement on Fibre TV. I am sure Starhub will have covered such changes to its services in its T&Cs (have to do some reading-up), although in my view such a move demonstrates its lack of sensitivity and customer-focus.

So, what are the options:

1. Migrate to TV+ with all its shortcomings eg lethargic UI and lack of DVR capability (which I use quite extensively)

2. Quit Starhub totally and migrate to a competitor (which may be less expensive due to attractive offers).  However, with many months left on the existing Fibre TV contract, is this even an option (unless one wants to pay for the remaining months).

Anyone else having this dilemma and what are your thoughts on the matter.  Appreciate all views.

Thanks.

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

8 m ago

Hi @DS22, StarHub is changing the way you can enjoy movies and drama series. That's why from 8 March, some of your subscribed channels will no longer be available on StarHub TV. Unfortunately, ceased channels will not have replacements but there are alternative channels in the same genre but not the exact same content. You may view all StarHub TV changes on starhub.com/tv-changes. 

Moreover, we are encouraging our customers to switch to the new StarHub TV+ and get the new TV+ box to enjoy 15,000 hours of English entertainment and hundreds of movies on streaming apps like Disney+, HBO GO and more.

Senior Commentator

• 

8 Messages

• 

5 Points

So...you seem to be suggesting that one should abandon what they have been watching midway through the season and pick up new programs on another channel midway through the season.  I am struggling to rationalize this thought in my mind.

No, that is not a good suggestion at all.

Perhaps it will help if Starhub can advise why they have decided to migrate the Fox channels from Starhub TV to Starhub TV+?

Thanks.

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

Please know that channel cessation is never our choice. Of course, if we can, we'll keep the channels that are loved by our customers. It is never our intention to have these channels removed as it will still depend on internal agreements between StarHub and channel/content providers. Thank you for your understanding. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Senior Commentator

• 

8 Messages

• 

5 Points

8 m ago

So....Starhub can still offer the very same Fox channels on TV+ but not TV anymore?  Sorry...struggling to rationalize this in relation to your comment that “channel cessation is never Starhub’s choice”, because it appears that Starhub has not really ceased subscribing to these channels.

in general I question the validity of these standard responses.

Anyhoo....not to belabor the point any further.  Please let me know what I need to do to terminate the service and the underlying broadband service.  

Thanks.

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

Sad to say, only Fox News HD under Entertainment+ and FOX Sports HD, FOX Sports 2 HD & FOX Sports 3 HD under Sports+ will remain under the new StarHub TV+.

If you wish you terminate, please refer to this thread on how to terminate your service. Moreover, you might incur early termination charges if you're still under an ongoing contract. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

40 Messages

• 

33 Points

my interpretation is that this is a broadcasting/licensing issue. Just like with local channels where you will only be able to watch them if you connect to a nokia beacon. 

Like wise, fibreTV (which uses broadband) and SmartTV+ (which uses an app on an android platform) might mean 2 different licensing rights which, for popular channels, could mean a large cost for the company

Get Started

Get Started