Varun_sg's profile

New Commentator

• 

5 Messages

• 

4 Points

Sun, Aug 15, 2021 12:04 PM

Regret switching from STB

Just moved to starhub TV+. Using the Linksys 8100 router (over Ethernet) but the new box doesn’t show any local channels. I’ve tried to reboot my router and the box. The box goes on net for a few mins and then goes off net again.

it also has clearly reduced video quality compared to previous starhub iptv stb and frequent video stuttering and artifacts. The voice quality is also noticeably worse - even on Netflix.

I’ve got an appletv with Netflix on the same network and never ever had any video and audio issues.

ive been reading these forums and keep seeing the usual ‘reboot this and that’ type of fixes with no explanations or root cause explanations. 

Carla_P

• 

5.4K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

2 m ago

Hi @Varun_sg, sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Please know it's never our intention to make things difficult for you. Just to check, are you using the HDMI cable which is StarHub-issued? Also, please ensure there are no multiple routers between the ONT and StarHub TV+ box. Lastly, have you tried to do a factory reset on your set-top box? Just go to Android TV Settings > Device Preferences > About > Factory reset, this will erase all data from your device’s internal storage, including your Google account, system and app data and settings and downloaded apps.

New Commentator

• 

5 Messages

• 

4 Points

@Carla_P  I have a Linksys ea 8100 between the ont and StarHub tv+ box - which is a supported config as per StarHub. I’ll try the factory reset of the tv+ but the box is 1 day old. I assume it is new from the factory so not really sure how this would help? 

Carla_P

• 

5.4K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

If the issue persists, please contact our Customer Support via Facebook Messenger by clicking the link below as this will require further technical assistance from the relevant team. Thanks for your understanding. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Get Started

Get Started