CrystalHeights's profile

4 Messages

• 

4 Points

Sun, Nov 1, 2020 1:47 AM

Occasional Stuttering on LiveTV (Starhub TV+)

Recently recontracted and moved to Starhub TV+, with the white Android TV box. Noticed that there is the occasional stuttering/pixelisation when watching "LiveTV". Fortunately it is only momentary, so it's not that big a problem, but still irritating. The Android TV box reports my connection as "Good".

Strangely, Netflix works flawlessly on the box - no stuttering at all. This suggests that perhaps the problem is with Starhub's backend systems, rather than my connection.

Responses

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

1 y ago

Hi @CrystalHeights, sorry for the inconvenience caused. If you continue to encounter WiFi network issues, please ensure that your Internet connection is working properly or try to reboot your modem/optical network terminal and router. Also, do not place the StarHub TV+ Box in a cabinet as it may impact WiFi signal strength.

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

10 m ago

same here. experience with same problem when watching live TV. called Starhub 1633, the customer service keep saying the network team has advise no problem with their network. 

I think is the Nokia beacon not stable.

4 Messages

• 

4 Points

The strange thing is that I don't get the occasional stuttering/pixelisation when watching Netflix. Only for  LiveTV. Same connection, same router.

That's why I was guessing that it is a problem with Starhub's LiveTV service. Either it is more sensitive to interference (as compared to Netflix), is just not stable at the backend or some other reason. I might be wrong of course as I'm not a network engineer.

My Starhub TV+ box is not in any cabinet. It is out in the open in front of my TV, connected via Ethernet cable to my second Beacon router (acting as a mesh node). All tests indicate a strong WiFi network signal. Rebooting the TV+ box does not make any difference to the occasional stuttering/pixelisation.

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

In this case, please get in touch with my colleagues via Facebook Messenger by clicking the link below so they could further investigate this and log a case regarding your concern. Thank you. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

New Commentator

• 

3 Messages

• 

2 Points

10 m ago

Same problem here at Ang Mo Kio. It is started from last night. 

1 Message

• 

1 Point

2 m ago

We just recontract and changed to the tv+ white box, and also had the same issue.  We did whatever was advised by starhub n even did an exchange on the box and the problem still persist.

I'm now worried this might cause some impact to my TV panel..  Pls help urgently. 

183 Messages

• 

181 Points

@user_ad1df9 Your tv won't be damaged by it, the tv+ iptv service doesn't work well with such routers.

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

Hi @user_ad1df9, sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Have you tried to reboot your equipment such as the ONT, router, and the StarHub TV+ Box to see if the issue persists?

~ Carla

Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.

1 Message

• 

1 Point

1 m ago

Me too, encountering occasional stuttering/pixelisation when watching "LiveTV". Always need to on/off power, reboot but the problem still presisted. Don't think keep repeating to reboot the device is the solution for this problem.

Quite regret to upgrade to Starhub TV+. Is that possible to switch back to old setup box?

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

Hi @user_bbd7a4. we're sorry to hear that you're encountering an issue with your StarHub TV+ service. Just to check, which router are you using? Also, please ensure your TV+ Box router firmware version should be at least 1.5.2. To check, go to Device Preferences > About > System Update > Check for update. 

~ Carla

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

6 d ago

I have encountered similar stuttering and pixellation as described on my Starhub+ box for live TV, but when changing channel.

My findings in this post here:

https://community.starhub.com/conversations/starhub-tv/starhub-box-jitters-stutters-for-live-tv-when-changing-channel/6141abb934efe12ba56eb944

Not sure if others have the same issue with a similar configuration.

Get Started

Get Started