rions3's profile

Aspirant

• 

11 Messages

• 

11 Points

Fri, Mar 5, 2021 5:43 AM

Missing channels on Starhub TV+

I just "upgraded" to Starhub TV+ yesterday, and realised that Star Chinese Entertainment Channel (Channel 822) is Fibre TV only channel and is no longer available to me. I am really disappointed that Starhub created new services but decided to drop channels that are previously available on Fibre TV. I do watch that channel a fair bit, and am now really disappointed that I am no longer able to watch that channel, and I am not sure what do I need to do to be able to enable that channel on the "new but lousy" TV box that does not allow me to watch my Free-to-Air Mediacorp channels simply because I am using a much superior router compared to the ones provided by them. If anyone can advise what steps can I do next, other than just suck it up for the next 2 years, I am all ears.......

Carla_P

• 

5.4K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

7 m ago

Hi @rions3, We are sorry if you feel that regarding your StarHub TV+ service. We are in continuous discussion with all our content partners on content offerings for our customers. Hence, our complimentary channel offerings are refreshed from time to time. Moreover, we never want to have some channels removed, however, this depends on the internal agreements between StarHub and channel/content providers.

For free-to-air channels, currently, customers can only access them if they're on a StarHub broadband with a compatible router such as Nokia Beacon 1, and Linksys EA8100/EA7500 router. Don't worry, we are working to add more routers to access local channels. 

We appreciate you sharing with us your views on the ways to improve our services. It is through your feedback and comments that we identify areas that need improvement on our end. Thank you! 

Aspirant

• 

11 Messages

• 

11 Points

@Carla_P Your answer is as good as no answer to me. The reality is that you are pushing customers to the new platform, but you provide less channels than older platform, cos if I have stuck with Fibre TV, I would still be watching Channel 822, so stop giving excuses.

As for the free-to-air TV, why should I downgrade to a lesser router provided by you when I have a superior one at home. All these shows the lack of customer experience care when you launch a new product. I am sincerely disappointed at how Starhub is handling this whole migration.

(edited)

Aspirant

• 

11 Messages

• 

11 Points

7 m ago

I just found out that StarHub blocked installation of Mediacorp applications like MeWATCH even though they don’t allow us to connect to the free-to-air channels from Mediacorp. I’m wondering how they are really taking care of customers.....seriously....

Get Started

Get Started