First Step

Honored Commentator

• 

12 Messages

• 

3 Points

Tue, Jan 26, 2021 2:20 PM

Issue on StarHub TV+ Box

This few week keep having issues with my Starhub TV+ box.. Keep on prompt error message and i have to off/on the TV box 

connection of the internet recently also quite bad. 

configurations all done by your guy and he told me that as long youtube can load no buffing is ok. but my tv keep on lagging and i couldn't watch the show in peace.

try to use LAN cable only but doesn't seems working.

any one facing same issues or something? im getting annoyed.

when sign up that time tell me this good that good.. now use that a month everyday i cannot watch my tv in peace. (ok la, maybe first two weeks still not so bad) 

Responses

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

5 m ago

Hi @sirpotato, I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're encountering with your StarHub TV+. Just to check, what error messages do you receive? Please also ensure that you are running on the latest software version. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!
sirpotato

Honored Commentator

• 

12 Messages

• 

3 Points

It’s show no signal please move up or down your channel. Something like that

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Is your set-top box running on the latest software version? Also, please check your Internet connection and ensure that it is working. We recommend that you power off your ONT, Router and set-top box first and power on the devices in order one at a time 2 minutes apart. Once the set-top box is powered on, please ensure you are running the latest version of the software and try again. Let me know if the issue persists.

~ Carla

Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
sirpotato

Honored Commentator

• 

12 Messages

• 

3 Points

Every time when I off on the tv box will do some update, I also check for update also till the latest?

if no internet connection how I watch my tv in the first place? Can you dun answer for the sake answering? I look at the past question they all have same issues and what you all CS just replying the same thing..? 

when sign up tell me this good that good, when ask you all for help give me this kind of answer? 

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Apologies if you feel that way. We have to ask our customers the basic troubleshooting first to see if this could help. And if the issue persists, we highly suggest that you contact our Customer Support via Facebook Messenger by clicking the link below for further technical assistance. I hope you understand. Thanks. 

~ Carla

2 Messages

• 

2 Points

5 m ago

i have the same issue too. very disruptive as it always happen while watching the tv. typically have to restart several times, which will not work, and end up have to call helpdesk. 

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @Yyang, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Since you've mentioned you have contacted our helpdesk, let me just know what was their advice to you?

~ Carla

2 Messages

• 

2 Points

I also jus subscribe to Tv+ and encountered many problems and is cery annoying when i have to restart all the devices when i am trying to watch Tv. These are the list if error messages I received. 

2 Messages

• 

2 Points

5 m ago

These are the typical messages. 

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @Ms Dynamite, I'm sorry to hear about this. Just to check, is this happening to you frequently? Also, after rebooting your device(s), all will be good then you'll receive the error message again?

~ Carla

1 Message

• 

1 Point

3 m ago

I having same issue in setup tv+. lagging issue, jamming, M7002 error, totally unable to watch fibre tv in peace.. keep need go reboot. I even buy additional nokia beacon and put beside setup box. But it still the same problem.. totally waste of money.

Before you ask question. Thing i have done.

- reboot setup box

- reboot routers & modem

- system is in latest version

But issue keep persists. Isit the setup box that is having issue? As seen in alot of review.. it worst than previous setup box

(edited)

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @Liangwei, sorry for the inconvenience caused. As you've mentioned you have done the basic troubleshooting steps yet the issue still persists, please send a message to our Customer Support via Facebook Messenger by clicking the link below as this will require further technical assistance. Thanks!

~ Carla

2 Messages

• 

2 Points

3 m ago

Regret to re-contract with Starhub. Hopeless and forever problem cannot solve. 

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @srwee, I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your TV. Let me just clarify, what issues are you facing? 

~ Carla

5 Messages

• 

5 Points

2 m ago

Hi, my home network signal is strong and I am using mesh, however, my tv+ box kept disconnecting and reconnecting to my home wifi. Watching a tv program is a pain in the neck.
Any suggestions?

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @user_06fcb3, I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering issues with your TV+ service. Is your set-top box in a wired or wireless connection to your router? For the best Wi-Fi performance, use the 5GHz band on your wireless router if supported. Also, do not place the StarHub TV+ Box in a cabinet as it may impact Wi-Fi signal strength.

You may also follow the steps below

Step 1: Go to My Account > STB Information > Network status.
Step 2: Check that Signal strength should be Good and Frequency should be 5GHz.
Step 3: Check that RSSI value should be -60dBm or lower.
Step 4: If the connected Frequency is 2.4GHz, please reboot your router and StarHub TV+ Box.

If you continue to encounter Wi-Fi network issues, ensure that your Internet connection is working properly or try to reboot your modem/optical network terminal and router. A wired connection using the Ethernet cable is recommended in this case.

~ Carla

5 Messages

• 

5 Points

I have 2 TV Plus boxes. Both  boxes are connected via WIFI and both has strong signals.

The living room box is at Frequence 5GHz but I cannot get 5GHz for the 2nd box in my bedroom.

Are you saying that the box cannot operate on 2.4GHz ?

Regards

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

For a better TV+ experience, we just recommend having a 5GHz Frequency. Moreover, we also recommended having multiple Smart Wifi nodes to support multiple set-top boxes for wireless coverage. Here's the recommended set-up for multiple set-top boxes. 

Please note Live TV viewing over Wi-Fi is dependent on the strength of the Wi-Fi connection; which is subjected to interference(s).  

~ Carla

5 Messages

• 

5 Points

Both your diagram shows connection via RJ45.

Your answer on WIFI connection is cryptic. 

My question is, with strong WIFI signal as show on STB and connected at frenqency 2.4GHz. Does this work on your TV+ box ?

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

As previously mentioned, we recommend having a wired connection using the Ethernet cable for a better TV+ experience. The StarHub TV+ Box has a Wi-Fi 5 Dual-Band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) so both of the frequency will work. However, the 2.4 GHz band provides coverage at a longer range but transmits data at slower speeds. Meanwhile, the 5 GHz band provides less coverage but transmits data at faster speeds. 

~ Carla

2 Messages

• 

2 Points

2 m ago

The issue here is definitely the trashy android box. I have intentionally laid cables to connect directly. Thankfully I have a smart TV that's placed next to the android box and I have absolutely no issues watching Netflix on my TV even if I swap the cables between the android box and my TV. On the other hand, the android box keeps displaying connection issues when I'm connected directly via newly purchased LAN cables. 

Of course the solution to restart the box works which I've been doing consistently but what kind of experience are they offering to their consumers? 

"Here's cable TV for you but you'd have to restart your box every X mins just to ensure everything works fine."

Love what you're doing here.

I don't even want to talk about how Starhub has shamelessly billed me incorrectly for April and didn't proceed to process any form of waiver despite screwing up my recontract resulting in me having 0 access to their services for 2 weeks on top of billing me for the wrong amount.

(edited)

141 Messages

• 

139 Points

@user_e168fb Well, they were made during the pandemic, but if CB comes back, it would be much worser.

2 Messages

• 

2 Points

Don't think its right to discount them on the inability to provide based on the circumstances. I mean my parents are forced to watch TV in this state. I wonder how any paying consumer feels about it? The issue is about not delivering what is agreed on and not the quality of the product. If the product was communicated to be trash any consumer wouldn't purchase it. On top of that browsing through reddit, it seems Starhub's CSOs has gotten even worse over the years. 

I will personally take this to IMDA and my MP to make sure that TV services gets included along with the disruption to internet service FINE.  

At this point I'm regretting not listening to my friend as china streaming services are honestly much better but what's done is done, I'll take it as charity for 2 years of an unwatchable service. Anything else is bonus (if they get their shit together and fix the firmware).

Amusing how it says failed to connect but the video is playing perfectly fine. Only thing my household has to suffer is a popup box "censoring" the actor's faces. It wouldn't be wise to click OK as it restarts the whole video. 

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @user_e168fb, we are genuinely sorry for all the trouble this issue has caused you. Unfortunately, I'm unable to help you with your concern as this will require further technical assistance. In this case, please contact our Customer Support via Facebook Messenger by clicking the link below so they could escalate this to the relevant team. Thank you. 

~ Carla

Get Started

Get Started