APL's profile

New Commentator

• 

3 Messages

• 

2 Points

Sat, Nov 7, 2020 4:21 AM

Encountering occasional stuttering/pixelisation and picture and sound distorted when watching starhub channela

Anyone encountering  occasional stuttering/pixelisation and picture and sound distorted when watching starhub channel (have switch from 102, 103, 825 and various channels also same) 

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

1 y ago

yes, it happens everyday. call starhub and they say their network is fine.  

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

1 y ago

Hi @APL, sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Have you tried to reboot your ONT, router, and set-top box to see if the issue persists? 

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

1 y ago

Been a week plus everyday on and off all power each time finished watching and powered on and off but still distorted pictures and programmes hang! Watch 838 only but checked other channels also same issues.

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

Hi @Onlyhongkong, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Is your set-top box connected to your router via an Ethernet cable or WiFi? Please try to reboot both your router and set-top box to see if the issue persists. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

Hi, mine is fibre and only tv, router and setup box connected. Period. Only watch 3 hours a day and all mains were off when not in use. When powered on, reboot/off and on couple of times. Called STARHUB and technician agreed issues with connection and fibre and not my equipments. Worst thing was, yesterday all not working, not a single channel and no internet.

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

Hi @Onlyhongkong, sorry to hear that you're encountering a problem with your set-top box. Since rebooting didn't help, please get in touch with my colleagues via Facebook Messenger so they could further investigate your concern. Thank you. 

~ Carla

Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Bing Go

Esteemed Commentator

• 

13 Messages

• 

8 Points

1 y ago

I can only share my experience...

FYI, my set-top box is wired (Ethernet cable) to the router.

I have the same experience of stuttering/pixelisation and picture/sound distortion.  

One interesting observation is that I have my PC also connected to the same network via Ethernet cable (through a switch). Whenever I work in the PC, stuttering/pixelisation and picture/sound distortion happens.

May I suggest StarHub to advise on device prioritisation settings or VLAN just for the TV+ set-top box please? 

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

Hi @Bing Go, sorry to hear that you're encountering issues with your internet connection. Please try to reboot both your ONT and router to refresh the connection and check if the issue persists. 

~ Carla

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

Hi, mine is fibre and only tv, router and setup box connected. Period.

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

@Bing Go 

Mine is similar, but opposite from your experience, where stuttering from changing channels occur, when the laptop is off but connected to router via network cable, for some strange reason. It's ok if the laptop is on, or if the network cable is not connected when off. My findings in this post:

https://community.starhub.com/conversations/starhub-tv/starhub-box-jitters-stutters-for-live-tv-when-changing-channel/6141abb934efe12ba56eb944

Get Started

Get Started