DT

2 Messages

• 

2 Points

Sun, Feb 21, 2021 12:35 PM

Complaint

< removed private information >

A subscriber since day 1 of your operation.

Fox channels are my only reason of renewing the 2 year contract last year October.

To my dismay, less then 5 months into it,  Fox is terminated permanently by the 8th of March 2021.

I am very disappointed that being misled into signing on as I can recall that the sales customer service person assured me that there’s no issue with my concern even I checked specifically at the time of signing up.

Moreover, it is now either to re-contract a new tv plans with a more expensive price; or to stay on with the original plan without Fox, and with no compensations of any sort; or to being charged with a heavy penalty fee for discontinue the contract.

So I am very much made to fulfill a newly signed contract for another 20 months without Fox channels originally promised.

A very disappointed subscriber,

Tan Dan Nian

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.3K Points

8 m ago

Hi @DN Tan, first of, I'm sorry that I had to remove the private information you've posted here as this is a public forum. We'd also like to thank you for your continued support to StarHub. To answer your concern, we are changing the way you can enjoy movies and drama series, moving towards streaming apps and on-demand shows to give you a brand-new entertainment experience. As such, those channels will be discontinued.

(edited)

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

Dear Starhub,

You should refrain from using the line that you are changing the way we enjoy movies and drama series. There was a clear offer of servceis which Starhub has now breached. Either offer a lower rate, better content or allow your customers to terminate. 

I just renewed in January and to now learn that the entire FOX package is being terminated is just unacceptable. There is NO attempt to assist your loyal customers and you expect us to understand you?? 

2 Messages

• 

2 Points

8 m ago

Thanks for the reply.
You said something that I already knew. My situation still remains unchanged! 

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.3K Points

8 m ago

@Alex10 @DN Tan we understand where you are coming from regarding the cessation of some channels. The channel cessation is never our choice. Of course, if we can, we'll keep the channels that are loved by our customers. It is never our intention to have these channels removed as it will still depend on internal agreements between StarHub and channel/content providers. I hope you understand. Thank you.

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

Hi Carla,

Starhub has a choice. Make good on delivering value and offer your customers either something better or reduce the subscription rates to commiserate with the inferior content that is now left in the package. 

If you paid for a level of servcie and you get something poorer, wouldnt you be upset? I hope you understand.

Mr Tan

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.3K Points

We hear and understand you, @Alex10. We appreciate you sharing with us your views on how we can improve our services. It is through your feedback and comments that we identify areas that need improvement on our end. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Get Started

Get Started