Skip to main content
Howard Toh

Administrator

• 

1.3K Messages

Tue, May 16, 2017 8:00 PM

StarHub Community User Data Migration Exercise

Dear Community Members,

StarHub Community has undergone a user data migration on 19 May 2017 and these are some things you'll need to know about the impact of the migration:

Passwords were not migrated

As we need to protect your data during the migration, your current password were not migrated over to the new platform. This affects all members. Please click here to set a new password.

Logging in now requires the username instead of email or Facebook Login

If you have difficulties remembering your username, your password reset email will contain your username. 

Some usernames were changed during migration

As part of the migration process, some usernames were changed for compatibility reasons. If you are affected, you can change your username after resetting your password and are logged in successfully. 

We regret the inconvenience caused as we move on to a more enhanced authentication platform. If you would like to report an issue or share a feedback regarding this migration, please reply on this thread. Thank you!

Best regards,
Howard Toh
StarHub Community Administrator

■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■
Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub :)

For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger

For urgent matters regarding the safety of our members or the security of the platform, please email us at community@starhub.com 

Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Responses

New Commentator

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Hi I undated my password (twice) but the email sent did NOT include my user name as your post said it would. Si I had to make a new login to send this post to ask how I can get my user name from my old account so I still have the previous posts and community ranking, can you help please?

The email address of my previous account is andyr911@me.com

Regards/Andy Russell

Salehuddin_H

Alumni (Retired)

• 

516 Messages

3 years ago

Hi andyr911, I can get our tech team to assist but I'll need your details. Can you PM me your name, NRIC/FIN, StarHub account number, email and mobile?

- Sal
vanguy79

Respected Contributor

• 

17 Messages

3 years ago

Can i suggest an update to the Community? Please add Threaded conversation as a feature. Allows us to easily find answers that are directed to our questions.

eric3743

Grand Guru

• 

4.4K Messages

3 years ago

It is available at the bottom.

You can do search by using the Search option bar available above the posts.

There are filters available on the results prefer.

Once you are familiar it is quite easy to do search or checkout the Recommendations at the bottom.

Being using either options finding similar answers are easy.

It is a matter on getting used these these options in order to find answers.

Esteemed Commentator

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I have requested for a password reset twice but your password reset email does not have my username details.

I am now using a new account in order to post this message.

Please advise me how to retrieve my old username. Thank you.

Esteemed Commentator

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Hi Amy,

I think you missed the point why I asked for help. I do not know my (original) user id (which was created in 2016) and that is why I requested for password reset twice as per your migration guide. But it did not provide me with my user id. Because there was no user name, I had to create a new account in order to contact you for help.

Amy_Law

Alumni (Retired)

• 

3.3K Messages

3 years ago

Hi @ yeeleng1

Please send me your user ID and email via Private Message and I'll be in touch. 

- Amy
Amy_Law

Alumni (Retired)

• 

3.3K Messages

3 years ago

Hi @ yeeleng1

Do you remember the email address you set up the account with at least as requested? 

- Amy
Diane_R

Alumni (Retired)

• 

570 Messages

3 years ago

Glad to hear that. Have a great evening. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Commentator

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Amy - Thank you for your help. The issue is resolved. 

Jolene_L

Community Relationship Manager

• 

991 Messages

• 

6 Points

3 years ago

Hi Tomako929, sorry to hear that this happened. Please PM me your prepaid number and identification number so that I can assist you. 

-Jolene 

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.

For urgent matters regarding the safety of our members or the security of the platform, please email us at community@starhub.com.

Respected Commentator

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Same here, I had to re-register with a new user name even though I had reset my password with the existing username Tomako. Tried to send you a private message via the link but doesn't work too. Also, I came here because my data roaming is suddenly not working again in Australia even though the APN settings are there. It was working before, then I went to Hong Kong and China for 10days, was working, then came back to Australia yesterday and can't get it to work. Initially I tried to set the apn manually and it was asking for the MCC and MNC digits, which wasn't available in the instructions. However, after a few times swooping SIM cards, the APN settings appeared by itself and so I selected the prepaid settings. I still have more than 800mb data but I noticed $1 was deducted from my credit during this period when I was trying to get the data to work. Please reply to ask me to pm you my details so you can retrieve my existing username Tomako, delete this new username, and also check what's happening with my roaming data. A feedback is I really prefer being able to email queries like these directly via email instead of having to login to this forum to ask and to see responses.

Respected Commentator

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

And any idea why I had a dollar deducted during this period?

Respected Commentator

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Data roaming has been resolved but what about my former username and email address?
Jolene_L

Community Relationship Manager

• 

991 Messages

• 

6 Points

3 years ago

Let me check on your user id and get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you 

-Jolene 

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.

For urgent matters regarding the safety of our members or the security of the platform, please email us at community@starhub.com.

Get Started

Get Started