StarHub
Ask a Question
  • iPhone 6 coming soon to StarHub on 19 September 2014!
  • Get 24 months Disney Movies on Demand with HomeHub
  • TV Content Team
  • One Stop Shop
Valued Commentator
Titatan

TMG Asia Pte Ltd - SCAM

Hi,

Just received a shocking bill of extra $32 in my Feb bill 2013. Immediate reaction I did was what normal human being will do call the HOTLINE...

This is what I get:

1. Salutations - normal and usual.

2. Immediate post my question:

Qn :  what is TMG Asia Pte Ltd.

Ans : Oh, its a premium services that we provide.

3. Tell her my concerns:

Qn : That I have not subscribe to any of these services. and that i am being charged of $32                       for what kind of services.

Ans : For this, you have to call at the number reflected to enquire or I could arrange for them

to call u back. which is 5 working days.

Looking thru my bill.. i was confused over the number that is reflect in the bill (8001012619), wondering if this is the nubmer i call to enquire.

4. Confusion :

Qn : Do I called the number that is reflected in the bill?

Ans: Yes, the number that is reflected there.

Qn: 8001012619... this number is it? is this a local number or a IDD number?

Ans : Yes. But Let me check if its a local or overseas number.... ( Music Playing)

Ans : I could arrange for them to contact u.

Qn : So what about the bill?

Ans: U have to make the payment and if the premium service provider has submitted a waiver of these charges, it will reflect witihin 2 billing cycles. And the credit balances will be brought forward for future bills.

Qn (Hotline): Would u like to block the premium services?

Ans: Sure , as well as my other number.

i am very concerned over the bills that i have received and voiced them. ultimately i was given the following advice and actions. So at the end of the day, i as a subscriber has to do my own investigations : checking in on my phone only to find out that i have indeed received a sms from this 146078855 dated 23 jan 2013 12:01 and like any other cold call/sms that i received would be ignored but kept. Are these so called premium services that Starhub provided able to auto activate their apps and then they can bill the subscribers at will!!!!!. I have read similar concerns and found out that the so called third party is uncontactable or even worse the third party will claimed that they have tried to contact and that the subscriber is uncontactable?!!!!Why is it that our numbers are so easily accessible to NONSENSE premium providers like this.!!!!!How do one take precaution?!!! Cancel all my existing lines and services will solved!!!!? So I am now stuck with this Nonsensical charges and I!! have to pay for this $32 not knowing if this can be resolved while waiting for them(Third Party) to call becoz i cant be sure of the source of numbers 8001012619or 146078855. i have to be VIGILANT for all incoming calls and i have to pick up all unknown/withheld/+62/cold calls. Why do I as a subscriber  go thru all this.?!!!! CASE has already being notified of this case and the other Telco are taking actions/investigations and making assurance that they too are concerned over this matter and all i get from my Telco is that they will arrange for someone to call and offered to block premium services.

So what is NEXT STARHUB??!!!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Starthubuser

Re: TMG Asia Pte Ltd - SCAM

I have the same issue and called Starhub and got the same arrogant answer. This is definitely unacceptable to the customer as this is a direct robbery through Starhub phone line. I will report this to police, iDA and CASE for resolution.

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
KaiBoon

Hi Community members

Please send me a PM with your details and allow me to assist you on this matter.

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub

Has someone helped you?
Say thanks by liking the post.

Has your post been solved?
Let others know by marking the post using the "Accept as Solution" button.

Home is where the ♥ is
Please use plain text.
Valued Commentator
Titatan

[ Edited ]

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Starthubuser

What's Starhub's relationship with this cheating TMG Asia Pte Ltd?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Commentator
BenjaminLee

same, received the same billing of $32 on my feb bill and a $8 on my jan bill... sent my PM.. since he said he will assist... lets see what starhub will do then
Please use plain text.
Howard
Topics: 103
Blog Posts: 12
Ideas: 14
Solutions: 34

Hi Starthubuser,

We only provide billing service to companies such as this.
However, they are still subjected to local regulations and they are not allowed to charge for unsolicited services.
Please allow KaiBoon some time to investigate if you have sent him a PM as this involves contacting the third party. We will also get them to contact you to explain since the services are not run by StarHub.

Thanks

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Nao
Esteemed Commentator
Nao

I have the same problem, Jan bill +$20, Feb bill +$24, because of TMG. I have no idea what "msg" they said on the bills and Starhub customer service showed cold shoulder as others said. It's so strange and unlogical Starhub (or phone provider) allows the third party (TMG) to use customers' numbers for their strange chargeable services while we, customers, don't know what's going on (Starhub said i had to check with TMG, as if it's none of Starhub business), but Starhub can bar such a terrible "service" if customer (I) complained... It sounds so strange and very inresponsible as phone provider. I will take an action, but don't know what action I should take...
Please use plain text.
Nao
Esteemed Commentator
Nao

Sorry but PM stands for what??
Please use plain text.
Howard
Topics: 103
Blog Posts: 12
Ideas: 14
Solutions: 34

Hi Nao,

PM = private message
Click on KaiBoon's name to go to his profile page and click "Send this user a private message" on the right

Thanks

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.