StarHub
Ask a Question
  • Get 24 months Disney Movies on Demand with HomeHub
  • TV Content Team
  • One Stop Shop
Valued Commentator
Dinesh_2107

I am not able to view my IP camera on internet using DVG-N5402SP. It was working earlier

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
KaiBoon

Re: I am not able to view my IP camera on internet using DVG-N5402SP. It was working earlier

Is the issue still there?

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub

Has someone helped you?
Say thanks by liking the post.

Has your post been solved?
Let others know by marking the post using the "Accept as Solution" button.

Home is where the ♥ is
Please use plain text.
Valued Commentator
Dinesh_2107

Re: I am not able to view my IP camera on internet using DVG-N5402SP. It was working earlier

yes, issue is still there.

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
KaiBoon

Please drop me a PM with your details. I will assist you further from there.

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub

Has someone helped you?

Home is where the ♥ is
Please use plain text.
Home Networking Expert
kon_sg

Can post the solution here so others can benefit? I'm also trying to get my ipcam "visible". To my horror, the N5402SP by default have the admin page "open" for internet :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
KaiBoon

Hi kon_sg

Can you elaborate further on your issue?

Have you done port forwarding on your D-Link Home Gateway?

Has someone helped you?

Home is where the ♥ is
Please use plain text.
Home Networking Expert
kon_sg

KaiBoon wrote:
Hi kon_sg

Can you elaborate further on your issue?

Have you done port forwarding on your D-Link Home Gateway?

Hi KaiBoon

My DLINK IP cam is currently working well over dlink website etc, I'm trying to access it directly from Internet.

This is what I've done, please advice:

- IP Camera assigned DHCP reservation by MAC, so it'll always get the same IP from the router (no issue)

- Signup for DDNS service to map IP address (working, no issue)

- Can't find port forwarding feature in N5402 router, Virtual server seems to be the only one closest. Enable it. Once enable, router admin page will load (from Internet) whenever I use public ip on my browser - don't why this is so, i think this is dangerous :smileyhappy:

- Using virtual server set a rule to route WAN port 80 to internal ip port 80, but when I use web browser to view the public IP address, nothing load at all

Please use plain text.
Home Networking Expert
Home Networking Expert
rsn

I guess you set the virtual server rule wrongly. You are supposed to enter the IP address of the cam and not the DVG router IP in the internal IP. And make sure in your cam admin page it is using port 80.
Please use plain text.
Home Networking Expert
kon_sg

rsn wrote:
I guess you set the virtual server rule wrongly. You are supposed to enter the IP address of the cam and not the DVG router IP in the internal IP. And make sure in your cam admin page it is using port 80.

hahaha... you guess wrongly :smileyhappy:

The router admin page show up on "internet" side before I configure any virtual server, i simply "enable" the feature in the router, and the admin page just voluntarily show up 

When I map it to the IP cam IP, I get a blank page, as if it's not "routing" between WAN to LAN port :smileyhappy: but the IP cam admin page can load on LAN side no problem

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
KaiBoon

Will you be able to show us some screenshots?

Has someone helped you?

Home is where the ♥ is
Please use plain text.