StarHub
Ask a Question
  • Filial Party
  • New Upsized TV Entertainment
  • Submit your own design for Sparky!
Big Brother/Sista
NanaB

Applying castor and coconut oil every night

Is it good? Is it proven? I feel my hair is getting thinner and not improving although I bought a few types of hair tonic from famous brands. My friend told me the more natural way, which is to apply castor oil and coconut oil every night. I don't do it religiously cos it's tedious. Still looking for a simpler way to solve this. Is there any?
Please use plain text.
Beauty Brand Expert
Kerastase

Re: Applying castor and coconut oil every night

Hi NanaB,

Well, one thing you are right; tedious.

I understand your concerns and the challenges you face to find the right product. Well, hair thinning is common as we age as the follicle that contains the hair shrink in size leading the new hair to become thinner. Kerastase offers a product name Aminexil GLM that comes in 42 ampoules. The whole ideal is to soften the shealth of the follicle to allows hair to regain its original density.

However, it is very specific that you need to apply 1 dosage (ampoule) per day for 42 days. YOu may compliment it with shampoo (Bain Stimuliste). Need not concern if you discover slightly more hair fall during the first week but it will gradually drop significants as you come to the 2nd week.

After you complete these treatment, you can proceed to next stage; Densifique to promote hair growth. These star product is great to increase the number of hair.

Beautiful Hair Begins with Healthy Scalp
Please use plain text.
Big Brother/Sista
NanaB

Hi, thanks for replying!!!!

Do I need to commit 42 days to the product? I bet when it comes to hair, I need to try it for at least a month to see the results, right?

To be honest, I'm kind of skeptic about this kind of stuff. I believe once your hair is gone, it's gone.

Please use plain text.
Beauty Brand Expert
Kerastase

I totally understand where you coming from. However, 1 thing i beg to differ is 'hair is gone, is gone' because the seed of our hair goes through different stages. Even when 1 strand falls out, the same seed of hair will able to regrow another cycle of new hair. If you are ready to give it a try, end of the day there is nothing to lose. Yes. You really needs to finish the 42 (app. 6 weeks) which cover the hair transition time. The results will be seen in 3 months from the day you start as hair grows app. 1.5 cm per month.

Hope you have a good experience with this.

Beautiful Hair Begins with Healthy Scalp
Please use plain text.