How do I disable safe surf?

[ Edited ]

how do I disable safe surf?

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
KaiBoon

Re: how do I disable safe surf?

Hey CR

You can disable it by logging in with your Hub ID on http://safesurf.starhub.com.

========================================
I am away serving the nation and will only be back on 1 Dec 2014. For any matter related to your service, you can drop a Private Message to the Customer Service Team.

For any matter pertaining to StarHub Community, you can drop send Howard a Private Message.

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub

Has someone helped you?
Say thanks by liking the post.

Has your post been solved?
Let others know by marking the post using the "Accept as Solution" button.

Home is where the ♥ is
Please use plain text.
CR
Respected Commentator
CR

and once I have logged in then what?

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
KaiBoon

Hi CR

After you have login, click on the MAC ID of your modem. You will be able to disable SafeSurf.

I am away serving the nation and will only be back on 1 Dec 2014. For any matter related to your service, you can drop a Private Message to the Customer Service Team.

For any matter pertaining to StarHub Community, you can drop send Howard a Private Message.

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub

Has someone helped you?

Home is where the ♥ is
Please use plain text.
CR
Respected Commentator
CR

when you say - "click on the MAC ID of your modem"...where is this...can be be more specific...

Please use plain text.
Hub Master
Laselle

Once you have logged in using your HubID, you should be able to see HOME BROADBAND at the top left corner. Just below it, it would show you the picture of a modem and states MAXONLINE and a string of alpha-numerics. Click on that and you can disable your SafeSurf from there. When you are logged in, you would be able to see all these on the left bar already.

If you are having 2 MaxOnline connections, you would need to determine the correct MAC ID to disable this service. MAC ID can be found at the back or bottom of your physical modem. Either HFC MAC ID or CM MAC ID.
:smileyhappy: ## Love does not die because of distance. It dies because of doubt. ## :smileyhappy:
Any views expressed here are explicitly to the best of my knowledge and sometimes in my personal opinion and not necessarily in the views by Starhub.
Please use plain text.
CR
Respected Commentator
CR

"Once you have logged in using your HubID, you should be able to see HOME BROADBAND at the top left corner. Just below it, it would show you the picture of a modem and states MAXONLINE and a string of alpha-numerics. Click on that and you can disable your SafeSurf from there. When you are logged in, you would be able to see all these on the left bar already."

Actually no..when Im logged on there is no HOME BROADBAND at the top left corner. Still no progress...frustrating.....

Please use plain text.
Hub Master
Laselle

I am able to see mine there though.

Then again, another alternative, call in to 1633 and request for the service to be disabled for you. Fastest way. :smileyvery-happy:

:smileyhappy: ## Love does not die because of distance. It dies because of doubt. ## :smileyhappy:
Any views expressed here are explicitly to the best of my knowledge and sometimes in my personal opinion and not necessarily in the views by Starhub.
Please use plain text.
Esteemed Commentator
Fluffy82

I have the same problem. I logged in, deselected all categories as per the user guide and even set the parents password just in case I wanted to use it as a back door. But the status still remained. I couldn't log on to the intended website
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
KaiBoon

Have you tried adding the website into the list of allowed websites?

Has someone helped you?

Home is where the ♥ is
Please use plain text.