• Ask your TVB Artists a Question
  • #OnlySingapore Photo Contest Powered by HomeHub
  • Get 24 months Disney Movies on Demand with HomeHub
  • TV Content Team
  • One Stop Shop
Trusted Commentator
VinSilver

Re: GTAO Problems!!! Pls do something

I have summited a ticket to R*and posted on thier support page to work with Starhub to help solve this problem. I've provided R* speedtest, IP add, pingtest and ipconfig. Hope this will help everyone.

Please use plain text.
Howard
Topics: 103
Blog Posts: 12
Ideas: 14
Solutions: 33

Thanks VinSilver for taking the lead on this one

I hope the rest do the same so that there is enough volume for R* to isolate the causes

We definitely want to do something about it

Please provide your R* Ticket # and the response from R* at http://bit.ly/StarHubQuery and we will follow up!

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Trusted Commentator
VinSilver

So far there's been no reply from R* for my ticket request on this topic. However here is a responce from R* from my previous missing character issue ticket which is solved and i told R* i couldn't connect to thier servers. I had to use my mobile hotpot to connect to R* server to get the requested screen shot for my issue.

Paige B. March 20, 2014 05:01
Hello,

Thank you for contacting R* Support.

I will be looking into this issue for you and hope to have a reply out to you soon.

If possible, could you please provide me with a screenshot showing the missing character on the character select screen?

Cheers,
Paige B.

VinSilver March 20, 2014 05:10
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. Currently i can't access gta online and character selection screen. It say rockstar servers unavailable. However i still can access gta online if go to temp character without the saving to server option. I reboot my ps3 again but same problem. rockstar servers unavailable.

Paige B. March 20, 2014 05:59
Hello ,

Please refer to the connection troubleshooting guide below. While it may seem like a lot of information, this will make sure your online experience is at its best and will help you avoid any connection related issues in the future:

Check all the physical devices on your network to ensure they are plugged in and powered on.

Perform a connection test:.

For Playstation 3, refer to the following website
http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/connecttest.html

Understanding NAT Types:

The Xbox 360 uses the terms Open, Moderate, and Strict, and the PlayStation 3 uses NAT Type 1, NAT Type 2, or NAT Type 3.

Open (NAT Type 1) is when your console is connected directly to the Internet. All ports required to function properly are open. (Open NAT types can connect to other Open NAT Types, Moderate NAT Types, and Strict NAT Types.)

Moderate (NAT Type 2) is when your console is connected to the Internet, but through a router. Some ports are missing or closed, voice communication, matchmaking, and host migration may be hampered. (Moderate NAT Types can connect to other Moderates and other Open NAT Types.)

Strict (NAT Type 3) means there may be something wrong with your connection. You will have limited connectivity. Your firewall may be closed, and you may not be getting a solid connection to lobbies.(Strict NAT Types can only connect to Open NAT Types.)

You can find your NAT Type address on PS3 by accessing the XMB, Settings, Network Settings, Internet Connection Test.
On Xbox 360, go to System Settings, Network Settings, Wired/Wireless Network, Test Xbox LIVE Connection.

NAT 1 can connect to NAT 1, NAT 2, and NAT 3 (Great)
NAT 2 can connect to NAT 1 and NAT 2, but not NAT 3 (Could be better)
NAT 2 can connect to NAT 1. But not NAT 2 or NAT 3 (Bad)

Example of a NAT Issue:
If you have a Strict NAT Type and there are 8 Open NAT Types that you get paired with in a game, everything is good. However, if a Moderate NAT joins that match you will not be able to play with that group.

If you find you are a Strict NAT type, you may need to manually access your router and open ports in order to allow your systems to access services like PSN or Xbox LIVE with all the ports these services recommend.

The problem can be made worse since it is sometimes difficult for software (i.e. Games for Windows Live) to detect which NAT type it is running behind, and can often report that the player has a moderate NAT when they actually have a strict NAT.

Another problem is that sometimes your ISP (Internet Service Provider) is also NAT'd which often means even if you have a direct connection to the internet (without a router/firewall), the ISP still acts as a strict NAT.

Port Forwarding:

Port forwarding is the process that a router or firewall uses to sort the right kind of network data to the right port. Computers and routers use ports as a way to organize network data. Different types of data, such as web sites, file downloads, and online games, are each assigned a port number. The router or firewall uses forwarding to send the correct data to the correct place.

In general these options can be found in your security or firewall settings of your router and will be called Port Forwarding, Virtual Server, or something to that effect. To learn more about your specific router's Port Forwarding options, check out your user manual or the manufacturer's website or the link below (you will need to know your router brand and model, as the website guides are based on specific routers):

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

The following Ports need to be open on your router to connect to the online servers:
TCP 80, UDP 88, UDP 3074, TCP 3074, UDP 53, TCP 53, UDP 3064, TCP 1795, TCP 1745, UDP 1795, UDP 1745

Steam Client
UDP 27000 to 27015 inclusive (Game client traffic)
UDP 27015 to 27030 inclusive (Typically Matchmaking and HLTV)
TCP 27014 to 27050 inclusive (Steam downloads)
UDP 4380

Dedicated or Listen Servers
TCP 27015 (SRCDS Rcon port)

Steamworks P2P Networking and Steam Voice Chat
UDP 3478 (Outbound)
UDP 4379 (Outbound)
UDP 4380 (Outbound)

Here are some additional tips that have helped many players improve their connectivity:
1. Make sure your router's firmware is upgraded the latest version (very important).

Unplug your router for 10 minutes and plug it back in. Some older routers degrade in performance over time until it is rebooted, similar to a PC.

Disable any firewall or other network filtering for the game.

Enable uPnP (universal plug and play) on your router.

If you don't care about security, enable DMZ (de-militarized zone) on your router for your PC's address. This turns off all of your router's firewall features for that specific PC.

Get a router that has the "Xbox LIVE compatible" or "Certified for Windows Vista" logo.

Contact your ISP and ask them what your DNS setting should be.

Direct Connection/Power Cycle:

If you are still having issues connecting to the online servers after trying the above steps, try connecting your broadband modem directly to the console or PC on which you are playing this game. At this point, please disconnect your Broadband modem from power for Five (5) minutes. After this time has elapsed, plug the modem back into power and allow the normal power-up cycle to finish.

If this final step does not resolve your issue, please plug a PC directly into your modem and provide us screen shots from the following locations:

www.speedtest.net
www.whatsmyip.org
http://www.pingtest.net/
ipconfig (Windows + R > type "cmd" without quotes > hit okay > type "ipconfig" without quotes > press ENTER )
Please provide these screencaps to your reply so we can look into this further.

Cheers,

Paige B.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Commentator
VinSilver

I've done all that as mention above but no success. Aparrently most of the ports are blocked anyway. I understand some ports are blocked due to security reasons. I did some testing this week to connect to GTA online and this is the results.

Starhub fibre - unable to connect (even after spaming retry many times)

Starhub cable - intermittent (had to spam retry many times)

Starhub mobile hotspot - able to connect

Singtel fibre & adsl broadband - able to connect

Singtel mobile hotspot - able to connect

M1 fibre - able to connect

M1 mobile hotspot - able to connect

Hopefully there will be a solution to this issue. Its a pain to keep switching to my mobile hotspot to play gta online and using up my data plan.

Please use plain text.
Senior Contributor
Eianz13Elfian

Hi VinSliver, im using starhub fibre. Sometimes when I spam retry im able to get thru but the thing is I cant play a single mission. they will prompt "unable to load mission" seriously I dont know who to blame. Either the *R or starhub.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Commentator
sakthivel28

i am still unable to connect ! no idea whats taking so long.... 

Please use plain text.
Trusted Commentator
VinSilver

Looks like connection to gtao is down again for the past 3 days after 1 week of good connection. Have to use mobile hotspot again to connect. When is this gonna be resolved?

Please use plain text.
Senior Contributor
Eianz13Elfian

Yes vinsliver.. I also experience the same problem. Ive made a report to *R and still waiting for reply.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Commentator
VinSilver

I've summit report to R* 3 weeks ago and even mention issue in their community forum but still no reply. The thing is, I have no problems connecting with both my mobile hot spot and other ISP but have issues with Starhub fibre.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
tomsss

Good to know that I'm not the only one experiencing GTAO problems over the past few days. I too had to resort to using my mobile phone hotspot for online gameplay. I did send a ticket to R* about this and they did reply with the usual check ports and if not contact ISP... The thing is I meddled with my fibre broadband settings and now I can't access facebook, twitter.... and the PS3 can't sign in because it failed to connect to PSN. Internet google search works though. Using the DLink router by SH.....
Please use plain text.